Today marks day one of the Tone It Up Love Your Body Challenge. It’s a 6 week challenge to “love your body” by Valentine’s Day. You can sign up, and get more info on the first two days’ challenges here.
I’ve followed the trainers, Karena and Katrina, on Instagram and Facebook for quite a while, and recently signed up for the nutrition plan. As I’ve had a very lazy holiday/post-wedding season, I need a reboot, and to get back in the gym and eating well. So, since the timing coincides with the start of the Love Your Body Challenge, I figure, why not use it as motivation?
Today’s challenge is to journal your goals. These are the goals I hope to achieve over the next 6 weeks!
1. Food preparation: a big issue I run into is not preparing breakfast or lunch — which leaves me relying on goldfish crackers, bagels, candy, or any sweets that may be left in the office kitchen. Not healthy or substantial! My goal is to get my butt out of bed in the morning, so I’m not running late, and get food ready for breakfast/lunch
2. Cooking at home: the last month or two, we’ve really slacked (I’ve :)) on good, healthy, home cooked meals. Life just gets so busy, and when I work late hours, the last thing I want to do is go home and cook a good meal. But, this will also help me achieve goal number 1, by having leftovers to grab on my way out the door.
3. Complete all the workouts in the challenge, and the 100 miles by VDay: along with poor eating preparation and eating out, I’ve definitely slacked on working out the last 2 months — and my waistline is paying for it. I’m also sluggish, tired, and just overall feeling blah. So, a definite goal is to complete all the workouts, and get some sort of physical activity in every day!
4. Sleep: I’ve developed bad habits over the last year of going to bed so late, which makes it difficult to get out of bed, and I then rely on unhealthy amounts of caffeine to get me through the day. Not just coffee with creamer (added calories), but I’ve also gone back to drinking diet soda. So my goal is to get to bed earlier so I’m not paying for it throughout the day.
5. Diet Soda: which leads me to..I really want (need) to give up diet soda — and all soda — again. I can’t get by a day at the office without one right now (I cut coffee consumption off at noon) so I am once again giving up diet soda.
I think that’s it for now. Typical recipe for weight loss and healthy living, but important goals to get back to the grind. My scale goal is to lose 10 pounds by Valentine’s Day. After that, I’m about 2 months away from my 30th birthday, and my goal is a total loss of 30 pounds by then.
I spent my 20’s overweight and yo-yo dieting. As I face a new decade, I’m feeling the urgency to lose all of this weight for good, and start my 30’s off with great health!
Happy New Year, and happy new me!